Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Shooting a baseball game was actually kind of fun.

     The only other sporting event I ever shot was Hockey and this was by far better because it was a better speed. Hockey was a bit too fast paced for me to shoot.
     When I went to the Mud Hens game on April 23 it was all business in my mind. I went there to get a coach shot and a fan shot but I ended up getting more. It was fun to get action shots because I could get each play individually.
     However when it came time to the shots I needed, I was nervous to say the least. I don't like large crowds of people unless it's in a dance club and I really didn't like photographing fans at random and then getting their caption information. But after a small panic attack I actually started loosening up and having fun.
      Does that mean I'll become a sports photographer? No. But I will definitely watch baseball games in a new way, envisioning what would make a great picture, rather than how the game turns out.
The Columbus coach takes a moment to speak to his pitcher. (pho245/Sydney Sawkins)
Muddy and Muddonna prepare to head onto the field. (pho245/Sydney Sawkins)
Columbus player no. 11 gets to first base before the ball. (pho245/Sydney Sawkins)
Mudhens batting coach Leon Durem shakes hands with  no. 44. (pho245/Sydney Sawkins)
Tomi Harvey (black hoodie) stays warm as she watches the game. (pho245/Sydney Sawkins)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers